About Oman Downstream Conference
Despite many projects in the oil and gas sector both upstream and downstream having been put on hold over the last 18 months, the Arabian Gulf region and in particular Oman has continued to invest in downstream expansion to diversify away from oil products and build downstream industries that create value add and create jobs for a youthful population.
Having begun construction on two new downstream projects recently (Orpic's Liwa Plastics Project and Oman Oil's Duqm Refining and Petrochemical Complex), the Sultanate is committed to creating value add for its downstream industry and boosting its petrochemical and refining capacities. Further investments are being made into the Sultanates logistical infrastructure with the construction of the Port of Duqm, the Muscat Sohar Product Pipeline and multiple storage terminals to ensure the new products being produced can reach market.
It is against this backdrop that the second Oman Downstream Exhibition and Conference is being specifically designed with the help of an expert advisory board of executives and experts representing Oman's main downstream stakeholders. The advice of the advisory board will shape the key themes, both strategic and technical, and help us to set the event’s objectives, topics and content that will go onto form the conference programme.
Not only will the summit present updates from key stakeholders on the aforementioned new refining and petrochemical projects, but will also address key challenges for realising the downstream vision of the Sutlanate such as; Storage and distribution, LNG (onshore vs. offshore storage), Logistics, talent development, SMEs and petrochemical market dynamics and trading hubs.
The second Oman Downstream Exhibition and Conference will once again provide a platform for connecting leading technology and service companies with Oman's principle public and private sector players to directly support the Ministry of Oil & Gas' quest of delivering further value downstream and diversifying away from the crude barrel.
We look forward to seeing you in Muscat in April.
At Oman Downstream Exhibition & Conference
- A dedicated conference will provide a critical platform for Oman's downstream industry to discuss major projects, address key challenges, deliver solutions and meet colleagues from the international downstream community
- A dedicated Exhibition of more than 100 leading downstream technology and service providers offers you the prime opportunity to showcase your expertise and cutting edge innovations to Oman's key downstream stakeholders
- Thought leadership and networking opportunities will provide an opportunity for delegates to learn about technology, market outlooks, project updates, operations and talent from high level, globally recognised industry speakers
- New opportunities will be promoted arising from new investments the Ministry of Oil and Gas, Orpic and Oman Oil are all committed to
- A host of innovative networking opportunities including speed networking and world café roundtables will connect you with the people you want to do business with